Monday, March 9, 2015

Better Late Than Never

So... guess who was afflicted with a near terminal case of Spring Fever, compounded by Spring Forward brain fog, and forgot it was her turn to blog?

Yes, that's right, it was me. Sigh. Cue the "wah-wah" music.

To pay tribute to the force which bested me this weekend, here are three of my favorite quotes about the evil genius known as Time.

Douglas Adams

In addition to being the drop-dead funny writer of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and other books, Adams was apparently a notorious scofflaw when it came to deadlines. Looks like I'm in good company!



Groucho Marx

Famous for his cigar, his heavy greasepaint eyebrows and mustache, and his razor-sharp wit, Groucho and his brothers overcame an impoverished childhood to become one of the biggest comedy acts of the early 20th Century. Whenever I get stressed about time, I try to remember this quote. It kind of translates to: You can't control everything. Just go with it.

Lao Tzu

It's not surprising that the man whose writings are the foundation of the Taoist philosophy has a lot of impressive things to say about life! I actually find this quote kind of intimidating, but it's also inspiring. I would love to have this kind of deliberate and conscious attitude toward time! Gives me something to work toward.



So, do you have any advice for me on coping with deadlines? And how have you been dealing with the time change?

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Misha! Nope. Just know when to fight your battles and when to let it go. ;0) Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome quotations, Misha! And I'm sure I'm not qualified to come up with better advice than those sources. Lao Tzu really calls us out there, am I right?

    The New York Times had a funny article (though I think the editors meant it seriously) which said Spring Forward is actually bad on our relationships. We're all tired, cranky, sleepy, disoriented, and can't pick up on social cues as we readjust. Maybe there's comfort in that for all of us!

    ReplyDelete